InsuranceSummary1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017
- The information below is a summary only. Please refer to the policy schedule and policy wording for the full terms and conditions of the insurance.
- The Policy provides indemnity against liability to pay damages in respect of claims arising out of the conduct of insured activities.
- Insured Activities – are those authorised and recognised by the National Council for Metal Detecting.
Limits of IndemnityPlease refer to the policy schedule.
Public LiabilityThis section provides cover in respect of legal liability to pay compensation including legal costs for accidental death or personal injury to any person excluding employees and accidental loss or damage to third party property occurring during the period of insurance.
- Hiscox have extended cover to provide insurance for non-members who trial metal detecting, however if they wish to partake on a regular basis, membership (including insurance) must be obtained.
- Liability is extended to cover the promotional of metal detecting (village fetes, etc).
Products LiabilityThis section covers your legal liability in respect to products supplied, for example equipment sold to members.
Professional IndemnityAny claim for which the Insured becomes legally liable first made against the insured and notified to insurers during the period of the policy arising out of the professional conduct of the insured’s business alleging:
(a) Neglect, Error or Omission
(b) Dishonesty of Employees
(c) Intellectual Property Rights (unintentional)
(d) Libel or Slander
Directors and OfficersThis cover provides indemnity to the Directors and/or Officers, including committee members, against Liability at law for damages, contributions, judgments or settlements, claimant’s costs and expenses and all other costs and expenses ordered by a court or other legally authorised tribunal or incurred with the Insurer’s written consent in respect of claims made against them jointly or severally arising from any Wrongful Act committed by them in their respective capacities as Directors and Officers of NCMD first made against the insured and notified to insurers during the period of the policy.
Member to MemberProvides cover if one member was looking to take legal action against another member.
Employers LiabilityThis section protects NCMD against damages and legal costs that arise as a result of claims from their employees (including Volunteers) suffering an injury or disease arising out of and in the course of their employment.
Geographical LimitsCover is provided for Activities within the European Union.
Detecting in the USA and CanadaInsurers exclude cover for activities occurring in the USA and Canada due to the litigious culture and legal environment.
The policy is underwritten by a UK registered insurer and covers UK Residents only.